The Office of Disability Services (ODS) is pleased to announce the implementation of a disability accommodation management system, ACCOMMODATE. Beginning with the Spring 2021 semester, all student accommodation requests and accommodation notifications to faculty will take place through the new system.
ACCOMMODATE is specifically designed for disability services offices that features a portal for students, faculty and staff to engage in full featured management of all accommodation-related information and processes. The system will significantly improve and simplify student disability services processes, create efficiencies for students, faculty and staff, eliminate paper transactions, reduce email exchanges, provide access to student information and records at any time, and much more. When is the change occurring? Students and Faculty will have access to the system in January to engage in training and explore the system. All requests and notifications for the spring term will be made using the system beginning February 1, 2021.
How am I impacted?
- Requests for accommodation notification to faculty will be made through ACCOMMODATE rather than through the Course Roster form.
- Approved students will request notetakers and other resource assistants through ACCOMMODATE rather than using the Resource Assistant Request form.
- Approved students will request alternative format text through ACCOMMODATE rather than contacting ODS directly to make these requests.
- Students will make appointments with ODS through ACCOMMODATE.
- Students new to ODS: New accommodation requests will be made using the Request for Accommodation link available on the Office of Disability Services website homepage.
- Faculty will still receive an email alerting them to approved accommodations for students in their courses, but they will be required to access the system portal to view the letter.
- Faculty will be able to enter the portal at any time to view the accommodation notification letter, so will not need to keep track of the specific email.
- Faculty will need to forward accommodation notification letters for students to need-to-know preceptors and TA's.
What must I do to prepare for this change?
The best way to prepare will be to participate in training to learn how to access and use the ACCOMMODATE system.
Live Zoom Trainings:
Introduction to ACCOMMODATE - Q & A
Monday, February 8 - 1:30-2:00 pm Register here
Friday, February12 - 4:00-4:30 pm Register here
How to request accommodation notification letters for my courses (Semester Request)?
Monday, February 8 - 4:00-4:30 pm Register here
Wednesday, February 10 - 1:30-2:00 pm Register here
Friday, February 12 - 1:30-2:00 pm Register here
How to request an accommodation if I am already a registered student(Supplemental Request)?
Wednesday, February 10 - 4:00-4:30 pm Register here
How to request notetakers or other resource assistants if I am already approved?
Thursday, February 11 - 1:30-2:00 pm Register here
How do I make an appointment with ODS staff?
Tuesday, February 9 - 4:00-4:30 pm Register here
What do I need to know as a faculty or course instructor?
Tuesday, February 9 - 1:30-2:00 pm Register here
Thursday, February 11 - 4:00-4:30 pm Register here
Who can I contact with questions?
Please email the Office of Disability Services (ODS) at [email protected] or call 609-258-8840 with questions.